Monday, June 16, 2008

Mindfulness resources

There are traditionally trained physicians who believe that mindfulness is a form of neuromodulation and is the least invasive from of deep brain stimulation. Since there is not much profit in this approach, it is not utilized much here in the west. There are many books on the topic of mindfulness. Here are some that have recently been recommended to me:
  • Nobel nominee, Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
  • Will Johnson also has a great book on the Posture of Meditation.
  • www.mindandlife.org
  • TNH www.plumvillage.org
  • Harvard's Mind Body medicine program, www.mbmi.org
  • the growing field of non-invasive neuromodulation: TMS/tDCS
  • Harvard’s CNBS (center for noninvasive brain stim)

If you find any of these resources to be helpful, or have already used them, please let me know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just noticed your post and the reference to non-invasive neuromodulation. If you'd like to learn more about how this is used by patients in the U.S. please visit Non-Invasive Neuromodulation for Pain Management

Luca said...

Hi! SD come back? How are you?

Lynn said...

Hi Luca,

Thank you for commenting. So sorry for the late reply. I don't visit my blog as often as I should. No I don't consider myself to have SD anymore. I'll post an update for you and everyone who has asked today.